Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fear God more than Man

Hello Family, I was really thinking about how true this gospel is, and why is it that so many people don't know that. And I realized, that everyone can know that, especially with all the Church has done with technology. The real problem is that people don't always have the desire to know. It says in Moroni 10:3-5 "3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. 4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." Everyone has access to the gospel in some way or form, and when the desire is there, Heavenly Father is just waiting to show us the way! However, I know that God prepares his children to receive his message, and some people just aren't ready right now. Which seems so bizarre for me because I have it and I know the truth and greatness of it. God never neglects his children, only we can neglect Him. He will always come for his children and He will keep coming and give them life situations that will truly prepare them for the kingdom of Heaven. We were talking with a lady the other day and she was asking if there is a God then why does so much bad happen, couldn't he just stop it? Of course he could, God is all powerful, He can do anything, but He loves us enough to help us learn and grow so we can not only prepare for the kingdom of God but desire it. This week we met a lot of new people that could potential be progressing investigators, I am excited! It is always fun to meet new people and teach differently for each of the people. It keeps missionary work exciting! There was the cutest Sister missionary that came into the Visitors Center the other day. She had only been home for 1 day and she was an emotional mess. Ha ha I can only imagine. She kept telling us how lucky we are to be missionaries and to love wearing our name tags (apparently taking that off was the hardest part for her), I really do feel blessed to be a missionary! It is a different world, but it is a great one! I learn so much each day and every day I desire more and more for everyone to have the gospel. Sometimes I have to sit back and realize that I can't help everyone though. I want everyone to accept it now, but that is where I learn patience ha ha. I have faith that everyone in their own time will have the opportunity to receive Christ's way, and I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon because we don't have to be confused about Christ’s way, we have the Bible and the Book of Mormon and together the fullness of the gospel is at our fingertips, and we can clearly know our path and plan here on this earth. Well that is about it for this week! I love you all millions! I pray for you each night! Love, Sister Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment