Monday, October 1, 2012


No time to say hello goodbye, I'm late I'm late I'm late!
   But I can say, it was a great week! I am so happy!! So so happy! We have the greatest investigators and I feel blessed just to be a part of their spiritual journey. We have 2 investigators preparing to be baptized on the 29th :). It is going to be a good day. I have to say that I feel so bad. One of our investigators from Chuuk (yes it is a real place), somewhere in Micronesia I guess.. but when we first starting meeting with him I just thought "there is no way he is going to understand what we are teaching him", "his culture makes it really difficult so he'll probably back down with word of wisdom". I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG! AHH.. I love him! He doesn't just get it, he follows it. We went to his house and he was soooo happy. He was like a kid in a candy store. He couldn't wait to share with us his testimony. It started off "when the Sister Missionaries invited me to come unto God I decided to do just that. I have come closer to God and even though my family isn't doing it I want to learn, please pray for me to continue to learn, and to share this with my family". Well of course I was crying after that. He is just like a child.. so submissive, meek, humble, teachable, loving, awesome! It taught me not to judge, and definitely not to give up! So much more has happened but there is no time. He will be getting baptized on the 29th along with another investigator who we are teaching. I cannot tell you the joy that the gospel has brought into their lives. Even with the challenges they have faced. We had a lesson in Relief Society about faith, I learned so much! And I just wanted to share a bit with you...
"Miracles do not produce faith, but miracles can confirm faith.. faith comes by righteous living and following the commandments. If we are not living the commandments it will be hard to have faith. Most importantly faith is a gift." I have found that the things that I think about a lot and that I really take care of, are the things that produce the most good fruit. So I decided I wanted to make sure I KNOW what is important to me, so that I can take care of that and make sure that the goals in my life can produce good fruit. Such as family :)
Well I love you so much!
Sister Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment