Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

I can't believe it is already January. When I got my call 3 months ago it seemed like ages before I was going to leave. Now it is practically here. I will be honest, I am terrifed for my mission. As excited as I am I cannot help but have that fear of the unknown. What will my companion be like? What if I hate it and know I am just stuck there? (I am sure I won't but it has crossed my mind) It is just a binding contract so I have to decide now that no matter what happens I am going to love it. I have to remember that it isn't about me. It is about what is most important, and I can give up a short time of my life so that I can share something with eternal significance.
Another thing I want to add is how wonderful the commanments are. So many people think that "us mormons" are restricted to follow certain rules and are missing out on life. The Lord says that if we love him to keep his commandments. First of all if someone loves me I know they are not going to try to provent me from things that are simply just fun. Like my parents love me, the Lord loves me enough to protect me from things that could so easily take the best things in this life and after it from me. I have found that by keeping the commandments I am not missing out on life but I am able to live my life to the fullest. I do not think that people that break the word of wisdom or other commandments are bad, I simply just think they are making a choice that could so easily take so much away from them. I have seen it ruin lives of great people, it is so easy to do these things in this world. However I find it is also so easy not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment