Monday, December 24, 2012


Hello Family!

   Happy Thanksgiving! Make sure you all sit around the table and remember all the things that God has blessed you with. I have been thinking about gratitude a lot recently and I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing family and such great friends. I know I wouldn't be here on a mission or have come as far as I have it wasn't for all the great people God has given to me. I know that God helps me through other people and you have all helped me so much along with so many other people. So I just want to say thank you, and that I love you so so so so so so so so so so so stinkin much!

  It wasn't one of our best weeks. We had a lot of lessons fall through, but a lot of ones that came up and a lot of miracles that we have seen. The member we are living with brought her dad to stay with her because he is getting old and can't take care of himself. He is the sweetest old man. He can't hear worth a lick of him... but every morning he wakes up and says "good morning Sisters, what work do you have for us today?!" Then we will tell him about our lessons we have planned (who knows how much he hears of it) and then he tells Wendy (who is his daughter) to leave those times open so they can come with us. It is fun having them come to so many lessons with us. Sister Garner (wendy) has the strongest testimony of the Book of Mormon, it is so great having her there and having her share the many times that the Book of Mormon has helped her in every aspect of her life. Then Grandpa (that is what we call him) usually pipes in and repeats something we had just taught because he didn't hear. It is  great :)!

   In one of our meetings we were asked to choose a Christlike quality that we wanted to work on during the next few weeks. I chose humility and I can see that God is really helping me. None of our investigators made it to church, it was sad because I know how helpful church is in giving someone a spiritual boost to conquer the temptations and evils of this world. But it is ok.. there is always next week. Church is still there and God never ever gives up. 

   I really am so grateful for all of the wonderful people that God has entrusted to me. Missionary work is hard, but it always worth it. I hope you all are well! I am sorry it is a shorter email. 

I love you,

Sister Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment