Monday, December 24, 2012


Hola! Como estas? Bien!? Espero que todos esten Bien! Los Amo a todos!

   Good right?! Ha ha it would have been better if I actually wrote it. Unfortunately I only know a few words.. one day I will be able to speak a sentence.. maybe when I come home I can ever bear my testimony in espanol! Maybe not though.. It has been a good week! Hermana is livenin up the place! We have 4 baptisms coming up! It is crazy.. I didn't know it was possible for things to go so smoothly. This week I have really come to believe that scripture "whom the Lord calls He qualifies" actually I'm not sure that is even a scripture ha ha however that is how I feel. I remember when I decided to serve I had so many doubts about if I could do the work ahead of me. However, when I put in the effort and studied, and went to mission prep, and truly tried to prepare myself God qualified me. I didn't know I could be who I am becoming... Then when I was called as a trainer I at first though "yes! I got this! This will be awesome!" Then I started thinking about the huge responsibility it was and wondering if I really was fit for the job. I feel like since I have been training God has given me this extra strength and knowledge. I have really gained a testimony on just trusting the Lord. He knows what he is doing, and I have realized that if I just do what he asks of me, he will provide a way for his work to be accomplished. 

   I just have one story that I want to share! Kenny has been meeting with us for a while. (He is the one that listens to Mormon Tabernacle Choir all the time.) We have been praying for his family. The thing he wants most is for his family to join him. He has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and the other day he even called us to tell us that he read the Joseph Smith pamphlet then he said in the most humble way.. "I believe". It was so amazing, he is so spiritually sensitive. As we read with him from the Book of Mormon all he can say is "wow" and then a huge smile comes on his face. Anyways, we asked him to come to the church early yesterday so we could show him the baptismal font and show him what will happen on that day. When he walked into the church I saw another guy with him, we went up and greeted them and found out that his son Sampson wanted to join him at church. He was so nervous, he told us that he has never been to church before. After showing them the font we got Sampson a Book of Mormon, we taught him the whole restoration and I have to say that Hermana is doing so awesome! She really has such a great testimony and she knows how to follow the Spirit! Afterwords we invited him to pray and ask if the Book of Mormon is true, we read with him the last paragraph on the introduction of the Book of Mormon and promised him that if he read he really would come to know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World, and also.. that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints really is the Lords Kingdom once again established on the earth. I don't think he has ever prayed before. We taught him how and then one of the most heartfelt prayer followed "dear Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me this opportunity to change my life, and helping me to come to know thee, please, please let me know that the Book of Mormon is true" I think he was even in tears.. it was so spiritual. He is 16 btw.. which is perfect age for a future missionary ;)! 

   It has been a great week! We have had a lot of meetings but we have managed to get a lot done as well! I love you lots! Keep pushing forth the gospel at home!

Love,

Sister Poulson 

No comments:

Post a Comment