Monday, December 24, 2012


Hola!

  It is amazing how every week is filled with good and bad, but at the end of the week, the good far outweighs the bad, and I couldn't be happier about the people that I get to serve and meet each day. We have been teaching Ken for a while now and we went over there to plan for his baptism on the 3rd of November. His whole family was there, and it was awesome because that is what we have all been praying for since we started meeting with him. We started planning his baptism and his wife, who was completely opposed when we first started meeting with Ken decided that she wants to be baptized too. In short it was a miracle. The spirit was so strong as we taught their little family. One of the greatest parts of being a missionary is seeing others feel the Spirit and watching it teach them. Ken the night before woke up at 5:00am and was in tears.. he didn't know why. He decided to get up and turn on the computer and listen to General Conference again, by the end he was sobbing. "I felt so good, I felt so much peace, I am so happy" that is all he said and I just thought... "this is what it is all about". He is a great example to me of trusting the Lord, and just having faith. He never asked "why" or second guessed the commandments, he had faith, and not just faith he put in the action. After much prayer and feeling uneasy about him not being baptized with his family, he called us at 6:00 am and said that he was ready, but he wanted to wait and do this as a family. I am so excited for all the support and love he now has all because of prayer and trusting that if he followed the Savior, things would work out. The power of one example right?! His family will be getting baptized December 8th :). Wanna come?! He he jk! 

   Don't worry.. my birthday was great! I got overfed.. heard happy birthday about 22 times.. and I think I have more wrinkles. Sorry it was a short email. So much more happened ha ha but you will just have to wait to hear!

Much love,

Sister Poulson

 

Funny: I think my companion has ADD.. we were driving down the street after a very spiritual lesson and she says "the spirit was so... hey look! 2 taco's for a dollar!!" With much enthusiasm I might add. 

No comments:

Post a Comment