Monday, December 24, 2012


Hi family,

   I decided this week that my new favorite Hymn is I Stand all Amazed... my poor companion is probably so annoyed because we listen to it over and over again. I just think it is so pwerful! We really are so blessed to know what Christ did for us. It was a good week. All missionaries dream of being asked by an investigator "what is the purpose of life" well we actually got asked that this week. Our 16 year old investigator is so engaged with all the things we are teaching him. It was so great to have an answer for him. It was amazing how all of his concerns could be answered with the Book of Mormon.. I am not sure I have ever used the Book of Mormon so much in a lesson.. now I have been wondering why not. We read with him Mosiah 27, which is a great chapter on repentance. I don't know what things he has done in his life but something seemed to be weighing him down, by the end of the lesson and talking about Christ and the power of forgiveness you could just see a huge sigh of relief. It made me look back to my own conversion of the Book of Mormon. I read it over and over again.. and it wasn't until I really desired to know if it was from God and prayed with faith until I really knew. Even then I only had a small testimony of it, but once the teachings are applied there is no way to deny that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

  Miracle: We were going to visit some less active families in this appartment complex. We had just gotten out of the car and we saw a lady a few cars over standing there smoking. I told Hermana "we should go talk to her". We started talking to her and immediately she says "ok.. who sent you?" I asked if she was a memeber and she said that she was.. she moved here about 3 years ago and no one has ever come and talked to her. She said it was funny because that day happened to be her day off.. and normally she wouldn't have been home. We didn't talk for long but she agreed to meet with us later the next week. So we met with her this week. Less Actives scare me.. because most of them know what they are supposed to be doing and they are willingly rebeling against God. In other words they are harder.. However when she walked into the Visitors Center I loved her with all my heart. Turns out she is 22 and I can see her being one of my really good friends. We talked and she broke down in sobs "I know it is true.. I knew it when I walked onto the temple grounds, and I knew that it was no coincidence that you ran into me the other day and I have been thinking about that a lot." It was a miracle. I love doing the Lords work! I love seeing people who think that they are lost or aren't good enough and seeing them change and realise that they are a child of God. I wish we could meet witrh her more but she is getting passed off to the singles ward, but I will never forget it!

  Funny: We stopped by 7-11 to get a slurpie and walked past the red box. I realised that I didn't know one movie that was in there, and also none of them looked good. On the way out I saw one and said to Hermana "that one doesn't look to bad; People Like Us." her response.. "they do?"

I love you so much! Have a fantastic week. Keep the faith

Sister Poulson

No comments:

Post a Comment