Monday, December 24, 2012


We had a wonderful week! It was filled with miracles :). We have been teaching a less active and he definitely has the gift of the gab. Every time we go over there it is hard to get a word in. This week he didn't do his scripture reading, so we decided to read with him. As we started reading his non member son came in from a smoking break and sat down on the couch next to us. We looked at him and then of course offered him a Book of Mormon and asked if he wanted to join a long. We got through 4 verses before he started asking a lot of questions about baptism. Then his other brother came in (also not a member) and started asking questions about the Word of Wisdom and asking for our advice on how to help him quit. It was an amazing lesson and I have a strong testimony of the power of the Scriptures. Anyways, this Sunday we walk in and our less-active, his son and his fiance and his 2 grandsons were sitting on the bench. I couldn't have been happier. Then the lesson was on families and how the gospel blesses families and the importance of teaching Children that they are Children of God and how to have that relationship. It was a great sacrament. Not to mention Melany got confirmed!! I cried of course and I strongly believe that she will serve a mission! Goodness I love the gospel! Everything about it is true. Not easy, but true, and always worth it!

   I also have to share another story about a less active. We were talking about her experience at Church and she talked about how she didn't feel like she was good enough. After a long talk on the atonement and about how Christ didn't suffer the atonement with exceptions, He suffered for all and for everything. However, I know that I make a lot of mistakes and I know for me, the only time I feel the acceptance of my Heavenly Father is when I am doing His will, and then my testimony grows stronger as I realize His will is for our happiness and success. Anyways.. she was worried about tattoos turns out, and that because of her tattoos she couldn't serve a mission. WAIT WHAT?! A mission!!!! Anyways long story short, I am so glad that I went out that rainy day and that I didn't walk past a stranger when it would have been easy. If I would have done that her life would be a lot different. It is always worth it, see? Sometimes we don't see success, but it is in those times that we do that I know it is all worth it, and that if I would have given up when there wasn't success I would have never found the success around the corner. Anyways I love her. She sent us a text the other night and I just wanted to share it "Thank you Sisters you guys have really helped me a lot. I'll probably never get to repay you guys as much as you guys have helped me and changed my life. But I know the blessings you guys will get will be amazing. Thank you Sister so very much". 

  It is amazing because I feel like I haven't done anything, and that she has  been the one to change our lives.

Well family, I love you. Thanks for all your love and kindness. Have a wonderfully Christmas week!

Love Sister Poulson

 

Weekly funny: We were at Melany's baptismal interview and the Elders doing the interview asked if they could help with yard work. Nilson said no but the missionaries thought they would give him his number in case he ever would like help with anything. It was about 4:30 and we had to be somewhere at 5. The Elder starts off "It's 5:03" In a panic I look at my watch and say "IT IS?!" and then he proceeds to give his phone number... 


No comments:

Post a Comment